Online Fitness Training: Make the Most of COVID-19
In March 2020, the world changed forever as the coronavirus hit countries all over the world. Not only has it resulted in mortal causalities but also economic casualties. The stock market quickly dropped to as low as rates from 1987. Many different industries were forced to shut down due to the CDC guidelines. A specific industry that took a huge toll was the fitness industry.
Gyms across the world have been completely shut down and personal trainers have been stripped of their income from personal training revenue. This presents a big problem, but there are three things you can do now that can yield short-term and long-term benefits. Believe it or not, online fitness training has never been more important.
1.) Train Clients Virtually
Before this pandemic, you probably never considered training clients virtually. Most clients didn’t have the right gym equipment at home. If you weren’t standing right next to your client, would they cheat? Only do part of the exercise? Was it even possible to motivate them through the digital screen?
In the wake of gyms being closed down across the country, fitness companies and personal trainers have adapted to the times, evolving their careers using the miracle of the internet. The good news is that you now have the option to put your certifications to good use and earn income even during these uncertain times. Many of our current certified Special Strong trainers have already made the switch over to online fitness training with great success using apps such as Trainerize, FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom.
The bad news is that the market is even more competitive. Now that exercise videos and meetings are everywhere on the internet, you’ll have to get creative. Here are a few things you could try:
• Having your logo printed on exercise equipment like dumbbells, towels, resistance bands, and water bottles. You can send these to your clients and sell them in your online store to promote your services.
• Helping clients set up an at-home workout space. It’s important for you to be able to see your client’s whole body while they’re exercising to ensure proper form and keep them from hurting themselves.
• Getting personal. If you’re not already, it’s important for you to be on social media and post consistently. If you share your own exercise routine or diet, you could inspire others to join you. If you share about your personal life, you can convince people to choose you over the thousands of other online fitness options out there.
2.) Get Caught up on CEU’s
For most accredited organizations, you need to earn a certain amount of continuing education units every one to two years, on average. Our Special Strong certification program is accredited for CEUs through eight different agencies.
- NASM (Recertify every 2 years): Earn up to 4.2 credits
- AFAA (Recertify every 2 years): Earn up to 42 credits
- ACE (Recertify every 2 years): Earn up to 2.0 credits
- ISSA (Recertify every 2 years): Earn up to 42 credits
- NFPT (Recertify every year): Earn up to 11.2 credits
- NCTRC (Recertify every year): Earn up to 24 contact hours
- NCSF (Recertify every 2 years): Earn up to 21 credits
- Texas CPE (Recertify every 5 years): Earn up to 42 hours
It’s easy to feel sorry for yourself right now. Instead, be looking ahead and what’s possible for the future. Grow yourself as an individual so you can grow your business.
3.) Expand Your Reach by Working with Niche Clientele
The key to online training is to educating yourself and finding a niche that no one else is doing, just like many of our Special Strong trainers have done. There is no better time to invest in an online course, such as the Special Strong certification. Each certification courses take an average of eight hours to complete with access to a downloadable PDF to use on the multiple-choice test.
If you get certified to work with the special needs’ population, you can offer online fitness training to a niche group that most trainers are not working with. We are also offering a special discount during this time, along with interest-free payment plans. We know that cash is probably tight right now—we’re starting to feel that ourselves—but it’s important to invest in your future. We won’t always be in quarantine. The fitness industry will rise out of this financial rut like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
What are you waiting for? Take advantage of our limited-time sale and payment plans and invest in yourself today
Strong Education teaches personal trainers and service providers on how to adapt fitness and nutrition for children, adolescents, and adults with autism, Down Syndrome, and other disabilities through our online adaptive special needs certification course.